Monday, February 21, 2011

30 Day Challenge - All About Me!!!

I saw this idea on a friend's blog....a 30 day challenge to blog something specific about me every day. I debated back and forth about whether or not to do this, I don't know if I can keep up! But since I consider my blog my family yearbook, and I print out my blog every year I thought just go for it! I think it will be fun in years to come to look back and see who I was and what I was doing in 2011. And maybe my kids would enjoy seeing what I was all about! So welcome to 30 days of "all about me"!! I realize that most people probably won't care and some of you just like to look at the pictures. So don't feel bad if you ignore my blog for 30 days! I will get the normal posts in there as well! :)

Here are the topics:

1. A photo of myself and a description of how my day was.

2. 20 of my favorite things.

3. My favorite photograph of my best friend.

4. A photo of myself two years ago.

5. Something that stresses me out .

6. 15 facts about me.

7. A favorite recipe

8. A photo of the item I last purchased.

9. A photo and description of what's in my makeup bag.

10. A photograph of the town I live in.

11. A TV show I'm currently addicted to.

12. Something I don't leave the house without.

13. My biggest trial and my biggest accomplishment.

14. A photo of something that makes me happy.

15. Something I crave a lot.

16. What's in my purse?

17. A photo of something that means a lot to me.

18. A photo of somewhere I've been to.

19. A picture of me last year and now and how have I changed since then?

20. My worst habit.

21. 5 of my biggest pet peeves

22. My celebrity crush.

23. Something I could never get tired of doing.

24. My favorite book.

25. A list of my whole day.

26. A photo that makes me angry/sad.

27. My dream house.

28. Why do I blog?

29. Something I look forward to.

30. A photograph of myself today and three good things that have happened in the past 30 days.

Day 1 Challenge:
A photo of myself...well looking through our pictures there is not one photo I could find with a picture of just me. So here is the most recent picture of me. Unbelievably it was just last week!

And this is how my day was...
Today was Presidents Holiday so Brianna had no school. It was my turn to sleep in. YAY! When Jake woke up at 6:00 this morning Craig got up with him and I got to go back to sleep. We take turns sleeping in. But my sleeping in is not like his sleeping in. When he gets to sleep in the door is shut and the kids don't bother him. When I sleep in James usually lays in bed with me which consists of James moving around constantly while I TRY to sleep. So this morning when I got to sleep in I was actually woken up by Craig at 7:00 saying Jake feels very warm and just threw up! Lovely! It would have been a perfect sleeping in morning because James actually got up and went downstairs by himself without waking me up! So I get up, take Jake's temp which was 100.6 and go down to clean up the throw up that happen to be on our rug. Of all places he couldn't of hit the wood floors downstairs?? Ugh...I am so over everyone being sick!!!

After Jake was taken care of I got myself some breakfast and a cup of coffee and sat down to read a couple of pages in my magazine while I eat. That is pretty much my routine breakfast. I did some things around the house, like emptying the dishwasher and then got ready for my day. It was an emotional morning for me because today is my Dad's Birthday. It really hit me harder this year. I don't know why, the only thing I can think of is because my boys never knew him and they are getting older. And the more they are able to do I wish they did know him and got to experience life with him. I think maybe I am a little hormonal too, so that can add to my tears!

Anyway, I had a fun day planned for the boys. We were meeting my friend Lindsay at the park with her kids. Unfortunately Jake could not come with us so he stayed home with Daddy. It was so nice actually...sorry Jake, but it was really nice just to have to worry about one kid! We had such a nice time at the park. And after the park we went to McDonald's for lunch where the kids played in the jungle gym for another hour or so! We were out playing for 4 hours! James had so much fun and I had a great time chatting with my girlfriend!

When we got home it was back to the routine, held my sick little boy for a bit. Awe, his fever was going up and he was so tired. I had to go to the grocery store, pick up Brianna from track practice and because it was my Dad's birthday we like to celebrate him. So we got some Mexican food and had a beer to cheers to him!

Jake didn't have a fever the rest of the night and he was acting normal so I was happy about that. Hopefully it stays that way through the night. Boys were in bed at 8:30 after a normal night of some TV, play time, and reading.

This is it for me and I am off to check some emails and watch some adult TV with the husband!
So this wasn't that difficult! Hopefully I can keep up with it and keep on track!


1 comment:

Lindz said...

YAY for starting this fun challenge! I love that you and Craig switch off getting up...you are lucky!! I want to sleep in....just once!! LOL! And WHAT??? We were together all day and I had no idea it was your dad's bday!! And we even talked about him!! :) Hope Jakey is better!